1500 Spitfidget Engine

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1500 Spitfidget Engine
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 98 23:11:07 PST
Hey all,

I was out scrounging bone yards saturday and I came across
a complete 1500 Spitfire.  If any of you Midget types need
engine parts, let me know.  These guys will usually sell
a complete engine for ~$180.  Another chance for all you
"save 'em all, don't let any be destroyed" types to save
an engine, which, after all is said and done, I'm sure will
meet the same fate as the last *complete* 1500 car I saw, a
'75 Midget that was crushed.  With all those nice original
parts so many of you go ape for.  At least I was able to
get some bits off of it.  Didn't see any other brit car
folks out in the rain trying to save good iron.

If any of you know a Spitfire type, pass the info on.  Two
Spits, both 1500's, one *complete* (minus the brake and clutch
masters I snagged for a friend's restoration), one just
a shell with some decent body bits and suspension, located
south of San Diego.  These people sell hoods for $30, engines
for around $180.  I'm sure there are some Spit types that'd
love to get a complete bonnet for $30.

These have been added to http://www.teamsanctuary.com/junkyard.htm
a page that I'd like to reformat in the near future.  I've added
a new bit keeping track of how many cars I've found that've been
crushed, just to see how many of you really want to save history.

You'll have to excuse the sarcasm, but I get so sick of all these
arm chair restorers screaming about saving the cars, can't "destroy"
them by doing some factory tweaks, whilst I personally witness
another rust-free California tub get scrapped only to be recycled
into another ****ing Expedition or other wasteful status symbol.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/