History Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: History Question
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 98 23:33:16 PST
I've got a Brit car competition question maybe someone
(Kelvin?) can answer.  I have a copy of the "Sebring 12-Hour
Race 1970  Photo Archive", edited by Robert C. Auten.

There are some great pix, pp 98-99 showing a wonderful
MGB, no windscreen, riding on Revolutions I'd *love* to
have on the 'B V-8 once it is together.

P. 100 shows a Waldron Motors 'B, with hardtop, that
finished 25th overall, which while it was 4th from last,
it did beat a Mustang, and a lot of cars that went out.
Cooler still (but no pix!) is the 19th place Sprite,
sandwiched behind a Camaro and a Corvette.

My question is: on pp. 28, 29, and 101 are pix of
an interesting car, labeled only "BMC Roadster."
The photo on page 29 shows the car in the pits, behind
the 26th place 'B.  None of the pix show the bolt pattern,
so I can't judge from that.  The car is right hand drive,
low windscreen, flat tail, central "Le Mans" type fuel cap
on the rear.  Something obviously broke early on, the
car only completed two laps.

The 25th and 26th place 'Bs were #s 57 and 58 respectively.
This "BMC Roadster" with its bulged bonnet and screen hot
air exhausts on the front fenders was #59, with octagonal
number panels.

Anyone know what it was?  What powerplant it had?  Thanks
for any info that'd steer me in the correct direction to
do more research.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/