Austin A55/1500cc B series motor

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Austin A55/1500cc B series motor
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 19:58:24 -0800 (PST)
I started to pull the head on this silly little sedan and ran into what
looks to be a mechanical fuel pump. It's connected to the block were flat
spot that the down pipe from the front tappet cover on an MGA. How reliable
is this type of fuel pump? No electric parts to crap out but it right next
to the exhaust manifold. This just doesn't seem good?!?!?! It also has a
little loop handle on it. Is this for hand priming the pump???

What a silly little car.....

It came with an original sales brochure that's a hoot. It talks about the
"increadble reserve of power"... year right.... and there was a funky semi
automatic transmition option called a manumatic. There is several picture
of one on the beach, I could have passed on the pudgy guy in the bathing
suite. I guess it's truth in advertising.

Cheers, Lane