Re: Austin A55/1500cc B series motor

To: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Austin A55/1500cc B series motor
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:30:50 -0800
Lane:
The little loop handle can be use to mannualy work the pump. These pumps
are like any other. I have had them work for over 100,000 miles. Most of
the sedans had manual pumps. You could install an electric pump back by the
tank as a reserve pump.
I owned an Austin A-50 (1956) many years ago. It was quite reliable. I dont
know anything about any reserve power though.