Re:Aligning Drive Shaft

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re:Aligning Drive Shaft
From: David Earl Brown <debrown@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:42:48 -0500
Hi Tom,

I had a similar problem for over a year, a nasty vibration 50-60 mph. I
of course checked the driveshaft by grabbing it and giving it a good
twist, which told me the U's were O.K. Kept Suffering, then last year I
stuck my hand in the access hole and started checking out the front
u-joint by feel and found that _all_ the bolts were loose, 2 to the
point of nearly falling out! It had still never clunked or produced any
rotational looseness (by the hand twist method, anyway)

Yours,
Dave

61 Basterdized MGA (ask me!)

--
David Earl Brown, debrown@concentric.net, Hunter-Gatherer
Think Different- Buy Mac!       “All that is gold does not glitter,

                - J.R.R. Tolkein