Re: New Kid on the Block

To: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>
Subject: Re: New Kid on the Block
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:49:39 -0500 (EST)
I would change all the fluids including the rear end and lub everything
including the king pins. In addition I would change the plugs wires,
points and filters just to be on the safe side. I would also remove the
wheels and check for any leaks, especially the rear seals (you will need
to remove the brake drums). While the hood is open I would clean the fuse
holder and make sure the correct fuses are in place. As far as tools go
just your basic mechanic tools to start. If you don't have a torque wrench
I would get one as well as a dwell/tach meter and a 12 volt test light. I
would also get a digital multi meter (about $12 should do it). To make
life easier I would also get a hydraulic floor jack, not one of the little
Sears ones but a heavy duty one (Harborfreight $49 to $52 dollar one)
along with some jack stands. A set of feeler gauges to set the valves and
lets not forget a ball pien hammer. There are some more "nice to have
tools" but for the most part I think this should do it.
...Art