Re: Serious shaving on a 1965 'B' head?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Serious shaving on a 1965 'B' head?
From: gbaker@customcpu.com (Baker, G.)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:11:58 -0900
Scott,
    I would imagine you could shave more than .060 if you notched the pistons
for valve clearances.  This is done often on "regular" engines and I'd be
interested in hearing from a guru if this shouldn't be done with an LBC.
   On another topic......The head on my 56 A is cracked across the "tit"
separating the intake and exhaust.  I believe the shape of this combustion
chamber is similar to another earlier F*** head and when this occurred in them
they were just machined off......slightly and evenly.  It's the only flaw after
magnifluxing and I think I've read these "tits" just get hot and cause
detonation
anyway so I don't see any reason not to proceed and then measure the CC
afterwards
to make them all the same.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,