Re: Painting Rostyle Wheels

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Painting Rostyle Wheels
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:43:27 -0800
I painted mine with a simple flat black from the hardware store. I opted to
just paint them all black, then put a nice chrome ring around them. I think
the Rostyle wheels look much better this way; as opposed to the original
black and silver.
Craig Wiper
early '74B

At 03:16 PM 2/22/98 EST, you wrote:
>(I sent this once but I don't think it got through. Sorry if you got it
>twice.)
>
>I just painted the first wheel with Moss Silver Wheel Paint 220-560. This
>paint appears to be lacquer (correct me if I'm wrong). What kind of paint
>should I now use for the black part of the wheel? More lacquer? Enamel?
What's
>a good brand? Also, should I use the famous (or is that infamous) paint mask?
>I welcome any tips on this task.
>
>BTW, boy those Rostyle wheels sure are heavy duty! I believe they weigh twice
>as much as the TD's.
>
>Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
>EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
>52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
>71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw