(forw) MGB Ownership

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (forw) MGB Ownership
From: Skye Poier <skye@jungle.direct.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:02:14 -0800
Show this poor soul The Way ;)

Skye

(he's not on the list - got my address from my web site)

-----Forwarded message from Ddfmail1@aol.com-----

I am new to MG's and have been doing some research on them.  I have fallen in
love with them and using some tips from your web site have located a 76 MGB to
restore.   Since I will need a lot of help with the engine work, I have been
trying to find someone to help me with it in Lexington, Kentucky where I live.
I have found several mechanics who work on them, but all of them basically
tried to talk me out of buying one because they are basically "pieces of junk
that always need work".  That quote came from the former service manager of MG
franchise in Lexington.

You obviously love them, what gives?  Since I won't be able to do the
mechanical myself, am I making a mistake in buying one?  Should I try
something else?  It will just be a car I drive 1,000 to 2,000 miles per year
after I restore it.

Help.....please e-mail me with your thoughts at Shepherd25@aol.com

Thanks

-----End of forwarded message-----