Front hubs.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Front hubs.
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:57:05 EST
I have 74B that I just replaced front rotors and installed the oversize V8
pads on.
I took the hubs to my mechanic to check the bearings and repack them. He said
the only trick in putting the assembly back together was in installing the
shims between the hub and the outer bearing. I was to install all 4 shims and
remove one at a time till the hub would not rock back and forth. On the right
side I removed 3 before the hub would not rock. On the driver side with 3
removed I still get a slight rock front to back but not side to side. My
Haynes manual sez this endfloat is to be between .002 & .004" but I'm not sure
where to measure or if I can measure a movement that small. Is the small
movement on the right side ok or should I notice some slight movement. Is the
driver's side too loose and how & where do I measure.
robmgb@aol.com
74mgb