What would you ask?

To: TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What would you ask?
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:54:27 -0400
PHILIPPE,

The little clips are called 'circlips'. There are circlip pliers that have
prongs on them that fit in the pin holes of the circlip to open it. The
pliers usually come with an array of removable prongs that, being of
different shapes, allow you to more easily manipulate the circlip into
position. Circlip pliers are available at most auto supply houses and maybe
hardware stores. They can be bought cheaply since, by and large, you won't
use them that often and the task that they are needed for rarely requires
much force.

What would I ask of Abingdon? On LHD spridgets, why does the left front
brake line curl right up next to the cinch-down bolt at the connection of
the steering column to the pinion? If the bolt loosens, not only can you
lose steering, but in wildly twisting the steering wheel about in a vain
effort to regain control, the loosened bolt will quite likely nick the
brake line. Loss of steering AND braking is a great combo.

Jeff

>All right.  As I lay under Tintin, having rebuilt the wheel cylinders,
>and struggling with the spring F***ing clips, it occurred to me that
>what I really wanted the most in the whole world at that particular
>moment was to get hold of the guy at Abingdon who installed these devilish
>pieces of springy frustration, and ask him HOW THEY DID IT?!?!  I have to
>assume that the cylinders were installed on the backing plate before
>they were mounted on the car.  But even then I'd like to know whether
>they pushed them in from the side, or down from on top (more likely).
>
>  On that note, I'd like to start a "What would you ask of Abingdon"
>thread.  I know many would pick the windshield on the roadsters, the
>'brightwork' strip on the GTs.  What other mysteries have disappeared
>with the revered factory.  No fair asking "What does MOWOG mean?" They
>never knew!  ;-)
>  What sayeth the list?

Jeff Boatright        Sprite MkIII           __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/index.html