Re: Battery storage

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Battery storage
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:25:23 EST
In a message dated 2/24/98 4:26:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
paul.hunt1@virgin.net writes:

> This is where a mains power plant supplies the load and the
>  battery just sits there fully charged waiting for the occasional power cut
i.
> e. just
>  like our cars except for the starting.

Paul,

Thanks for the info.  This is the case in most standby power systems, e.g.
battery backup for alarm systems.  The only time these batteries are
discharged is during testing.  Testing may occur as often as weekly, or as
seldom as annually.  Of course, they often use a different design battery than
the one we use in our cars.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'74 MGBGT---3000mile/year driver, original condition, slated for a V8 soon!
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74