Re: MG across the USA

To: Murray Arundell <marundel@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: MG across the USA
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:43:47 -0600 (CST)
Hi Ho Murray,
If you want to drive from East to West then you would be looking for
something in New York, Boston or other East Coast Area. I recommend you
travel from L.A. East and plan your trip so you arrive in Hagerstown
Maryland on the weekend of July 8 - 12 so you can enjoy the biggest MG
party of the year, the North American MGB Register's Annual Convention.

Cost of a mechanical sound, decent looker, late model B should have you
parting with anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 w/ the amount of body
filler and the number of quarts of oil needed  to make your cross
continental journey decreasing considerably from the lower price to the
higher. If you're looking to take any awards away from some along the
way you'll need another $2,000 to $3,000 over the bigger number. Check
out http://www.mgcars.org.uk/class/USACFS.html for classified ads of
MGs available in the US.

If you get to New York City area, give me a shout, I always got
something MG-wise cooking around here.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator
North American MGB Register
1-800-NAMGBR-1 for information about joining

You wrote:

>Am thinking of spending my vacation in the US this June - July and
thought
>about spending three or four weeks driving across the USA from East to
West.