Re: Mounts

To: buchanan@preferred.com
Subject: Re: Mounts
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:35:14 EST
Hi Tom,
  My Moss catalogue lists engine mounts according to engine number.
 413-020       LH front mount  through 360300
 413-010       RH    "         "             "              "
 413-060       Front mount from 360301 on

 413-050       Trans mount

 The mounts are pretty straightforward, but you need to be sure that
there is some sort of a "stayrod" or "engine restraint rod" in the system
to keep the engine from pitching forward and eating a hole in the
radiator.  They  used a "transmission mount pin from 134401 passing
through two 280-055 bushings.  If this is the French rig your car has on
its '69 transmission, do ensure that the bushings are new. The bushings
are the "engine restraint system" and they aren't worth much. Stuffing a
cat in there would be easier to do with the engine in the car, and far
more effective.
Bob

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 19:57:21 -0500 Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
writes:
>I'm ready to remove the engine\transmission unit (installing an
>overdrive
>tranny) The engine is from the original '74 and the transmission is
>out of
>a '69. Before I go back in, I want to replace the motor and
>transmission
>mounts. Can anyone tell me the Moss part numbers for the mount parts I
>need
>to replace? I'm familiar with Victoria British Catalog but I
>downloaded the
>Moss catalog on the web and right now it is completely confusing. I
>need
>the transmission and the motor mounts. Just the replacable parts and I
>need
>the Moss part number for this particular order.
>
>Tom Buchanan
>buchanan@preferred.com
>http://pages.preferred.com/~buchanan/mg.html
>1974 MGB-GT
>Kingsport, TN

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]