Re: MGB Temp and oil pressure

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Temp and oil pressure
From: Rob Meredith <rmeredit@ponderosa.is.monash.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 11:56:25 +1000
At 08:10 PM 27/02/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Listers:
>My oil pressure hovers around 50 or a little less at idle when warmed up,
>and the Temp needle stays like glue around about 1/4 to 1/8 inch (best way
>to describe it) below the "N"... Others are saying 30 or so on Oil pressure.
>These are ok readings are they not? I'm assuming my thermostat is stock, of
>course.

My 72B tends to hover just over the 60 mark at idle after running for a
bit, then drops back to around fifty.  By temp guage also seems to stay
around that area that you mentioned, however this is in 'usual' weather.
When its a stinker of a day, the temp guage edges up just over the 'N' at
idle, and the pressure drops to around the 40 mark or just below.  Revs
begin to drop and the car almost stalls...  I guess the brits didn't take
into consideration the more 'extreme' weather conditions around the world
when they designed their cooling systems ;)  Mind you, I wouldn't have
thought 40 deg C was all that extreme

Cheers,

Rob Meredith