Re: MGB Temp and oil pressure - future implications

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "David Stecher" <davidandmichelles@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Temp and oil pressure - future implications
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 11:06:01 -0600
The "dollar bill test":
This is a trick mentioned in the Moss catalog and before on the list.
Hold a dollar bill, or any other piece of paper, I suppose, against your
tail pipe. If it goes "snap snap" against the pipe, this tells you that
there is suction there as well as exhaust pressure -- indicating a worn
exhaust valve. In other words, the downstroke is pulling air in from the
exhaust pipe due to the worn valve.

Dan