mea culpa - off topic but related

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: mea culpa - off topic but related
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:19:00 EST
I throw myself on the mercy of the list......i am in danger of restoring
a Ford!
I have to return my leased jeep this week and since im not in a position
to take on another $400/month one i thought i'd look around for another
set of wheels as a goat hauler (well kids, bags, dogs etc - stuff that
isnt allowed in my real cars unless we're fleeing floods, pestilence,
creditors and the like).
My sister in law has a 93 escort wagon that she bought new but 2 years
ago a huge tree limb fell on it and she's had a phobia about it ever
since and it has sat dormant (under the very same tree.......)Since she
said i could have it (the very best price i know of) off i went this
morning to look at it and see if i could get it going - its in pretty
good shape except for a cracked windscreen, a small dent in the roof and
domiciles for myriad insects, moulds and peculiar smells..... I was going
to rescusitate it properly - as you would a "real" 1800 engine.....but
hell, i couldnt even FIND the spark plugs at first and it doesnt have a
carb so i was pretty much stumped . Casting caution to the wind i hooked
it up to my trusty 69 battery and gave it a few cranks - started (and
ran) just fine but the brakes were frozen so i decided i'd get it towed
to my local mechanics (who will likely know where the plugs are and how
petrol get squirted into the engine) - So sometime this week i will get
to do all the safety/emissions BS i usually do for the Bs -  i dont
suppose Moss have a catalogue for these do they?? hehe

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]