Re: restoring Rosestyle wheels

To: jason.sawyer@ibm.net
Subject: Re: restoring Rosestyle wheels
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:19:00 EST
On Sun, 01 Mar 1998 12:01:24 -0800 Jason Sawyer <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>
writes:
>I would like to sandblast and repaint the original Rosestyle wheels on
>my 79 MGB (and throw the generic white five stars across the street)
>
>Before I invest time and money, how can I find out if they are any
>good.
>I don't want to bother with them if there warped, or out of round,
>etc.
>
>Also is the painting mask advertised in the catalogs a good idea?
>
>Jason

Used rims are cheap - you can get them at pretty much any swap meet - or
ask around here - someone near you will likely have some spare - for that
matter i have 4 or 5 here in CT......
Take them to a tyre place and have them checked for true -  this wont
cost you much
Rather than sand blasting i would suggest you get them hot tanked - it
leaves a better finish - a hot tank place will likely prime them for you
as well
Painting for my money is better done by spraying them silver and then
overdubbing the black either by hand (yes really!) or by careful masking
with tape -
forget the mask thing its absolute crap - likely the worst waste of money
Moss or VB sell - if you use it you WILL get blurred edges!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster (with nice refurbished rostyles done 2 winters ago)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]