Thanks/ No thanks -- RUST

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks/ No thanks -- RUST
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 18:59:13 -0500
Hi listers,
     Thanks to all of you who responded to my plea for advice on the '67
roadster. Looked at the car this morning. First bit of 'uh-oh' came when
I saw that it had been converted to use a single battery. Had to - the
left side battery box was dragging on the deck. Didn't want to poke any
sharp instruments into someone else's machine so I curved my (admittedly
large) hands around the rocker panels and squeezed with my fingertips. I
was able to put my fingernails through the steel (?) on both sides.
     I will admit that the car was quite complete and under the bonnet
it was quite virginal.
It may well have only been driven 52,000 miles. The problem is that it
spent too many New England winters sitting outside in the snow. It's
probably very restorable but it's going to have some intimate
acquaintances with a welding torch and grinding wheel. Not my cup of
tea. Lazarus remains an only child.

Thanks again,

Bud Krueger
52TD