Re: Re: Quandry.. 14" or 15" Wheels for MGB

To: "MGSMGBGT" <MGSMGBGT@aol.com>, <owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Re: Quandry.. 14" or 15" Wheels for MGB
From: "Russell T. Neyhart" <vwruss@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 11:06:37 -0500
  It may not be luck...  If your car came with 175/70-14's on it, the
diameter would be 600.6mm as compared to 621.5mm for the 185/65-15's.  With
only an increase of approximately 3.5%, your speedo. should be fairly
accurate still.  My info. comes from either European Car/VW&Porsche or
Grassroots Motorsports (can't remember which), that as long as you are +
or - 3% of the size wheel/tire combination that was installed on the car
(and that the speedo. was calibrated to use), you should be all set.
  So, D60A2's, eh?  You mention that the handling is good.  How's the
treadwear?  That's a stock late Saab 900 size if I remember correctly, isn't
it?
Russ Neyhart