Re: oil galleries

To: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: oil galleries
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 08:02:29 -0800
Nina:

I would question this machine shops suggestion that you not clean out the
oil galleries. THe plugs are readily available. You will find that after
drilling out the plugs, and then hot tanking the block, you then use a
copper bore brush, and run it thru the gallery. You will be surprised at
all the gook that comes out. You dont want this floating thru you oil
system. I am just a little surprised at this BAD advice given by a
competent automotive machinest. In building engines,"cleanliness is next to
godliness".

Cheers: