Re: Buying a MGB

To: jroj@vt.edu
Subject: Re: Buying a MGB
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 15:04:38 EST
Hi John,
  The price is somewhat related to location. I think you will have to pay
about $4500 in New England, for example to get the no-rust car.  Having
said that, let me say (with some chagrin) that a neighbor just brought
home a 1980, 52,000 mile, two-owner car, with twin SUs, headers, new
tires, perfect top and upholstery, virtually perfect condition except for
a dent in the bonnet that will require bonnet to be repainted, for
$1500.  $1500. I still can't believe that number, as I have never seen a
running car sell at that price, much less one like this.
  My suggestion would be that, as you find MGBs that may be of interest,
gather all the info and share it with the list for opinions.
Bob

On Fri, 06 Mar 1998 13:05:43 -0500 "John O'Malley" <jroj@vt.edu> writes:
>I am thinking of buying a MGB, late 1960's, and would like your
>opinion on
>the price that I should be willing to pay for a good sound car with no
>rust.
>
>Thanks.
>
>John O'Malley

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]