Horn

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Horn
From: "Tom Reichard" <Tom@LakeMurray.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 15:41:46 -0500
We don't get too many dreary, drizzly, cold days in SC, but this is one of
them and I just spent part of it tracking down the wiring of the horn in my
'77 Midget. Turns out everything works like it's supposed to EXCEPT that the
steering column is not grounded, and therefore when the horn button connects
the Purple and Black wire from the horn to ground, there's no ground there.
With its supports bolted to the body etc., it seems to me the steering
column would be grounded just in the natural order of things, but that's not
the case, at least with my car. Anyone know how the steering column is
supposed to get its ground? Is there a strap somewhere?
Thanks,
Tom