MGA-The Monster Lives!!

To: "'MG submission'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA-The Monster Lives!!
From: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 12:43:12 -0500
After more than 15 years of silence, my '59 MGA roared to life this
weekend!!  My goal of having it on the road by the end of the month is a
real possibility & I expect to be terrorizing the countryside soon..

A hint wrto windshields & a few questions..

I got my window frame rechromed and, after two attempts at installing
the glass took it to a pro, 2 weeks and $300+ later I got it back.  Not
a perfect job but at least I felt vindicated in my failure.  The mistake
I made was to get rid of the old top braces in favor of new ones.  Major
differences in hole position accounted for the problems and, @ $45 per
hr shop-time, the high cost.

Question #1 & 2 - I want to change the trans & differential fluids -
what do I use for replacement?  I have plenty of ATF and posi
differential fluid - is this okay or should I use something else?

Thanks to everyone who provided input.

-ralph cordell
rzc4@cdc.gov
'59 MGA