Midget Tranny Refill, Speedo-Tach bulbs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget Tranny Refill, Speedo-Tach bulbs
From: HORNERLJH <HORNERLJH@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:44:16 EST
1.)  Thx to Richard Arnold for his ingenious IV bottle invention.  My problem
is getting to the tranny filler plug without the car on a lift.  So, reference
your procedure #2, how does one "crawl under the vehicle"?  I have a similar
car to yours, mine is a 1975 Midget, so we both have slightly more ground
clearance than pre-75's.  I am of "medium height & build" & can barely reach
my arm under the unjacked car to reach the engine oil drain plug, never mind
the more hidden tranny filler plug.  Is there a way to reach it through the
rubber bung hole in the passenger footwell?
2.)  Anyone know the proper jacking points for a 1975 Midget using a scissors
jack?
3.)  Someone was looking for the bulbs in their speedo & tach.  Follow the
smaller electric wires into the back of the instrument.  Start w/ the speedo
because you wont mistake the big cable for the electric stuff and then look
for a similar set up on the tach.  Be gentle under there, take a break once in
a while, and remember this is cheaper than paying someone else to do it.  You
will also earn zero bragging rights amongst your friends as they will think
your nuts for having the thing in the first place.  Sorry.
Regards,
Jack Horner
1975 MG Midget
1981 Ferrari Mondial 8