Re: Magnettes in Moss Motoring

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: Magnettes in Moss Motoring
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:27:22 +0000
John McEwen wrote:

> An early Farina Magnette (fins) showed up at the GOF West in 1996.  The car
> was powder blue and the owners were from Salt Lake City.  It was in quite
> decent condition.  As I own a Farina Cambridge I was quite interested in
> it.  Here in Canada I have rarely seen anything but Austin and Morris
> versions of these cars although there was a Wolseley 6/99 for sale for a
> few years.  I seriously considered it but the interior was bad and the
> tinworm had been busy.  I don't remember seeing any Magnettes.

A friend and I and our wives visited Longleat Safari Park in his Dads
Cambridge.
They had lions and monkeys and all sorts, and the monkeys had a reputation for
dismantling cars as you drove through their compound.  We seemed to get out
without any damage but couldn't understand why several other car loads of
people
were grinning at us until we pulled up at a picnic spot for lunch.  There lying
along the rear bumper, obviously having slid down the rear wing, was an
enormous
turd.

PaulH.