Re: MGB Header Wrap?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Header Wrap?
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:40:45 -0800
Andy Ramm wrote:

> I just purchased my long center branch header from British
> Automotive and the proprietor, Doug Jackson, advised against
> using header wrap for heat abatement.  He suggested that
> over time, it would make the pipe brittle and prone to
> cracking.

Andy:
        I have heard the same story from a number of sources.  I do not
think there is a conspiracy going on against the purveyors of the pipe
wrap.  I think the down side offsets any possible benefits of heat
reduction, in a street application.  For race use the benefits are
there, but I would put this product in the same category as "iced fuel
coolers".