Re: Where to find a jack

To: jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Where to find a jack
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:02:06 EST
Joe,
  The bottle jacks work just fine. The objection to them is that you have
to raise the car first to get them underneath.  Yeah, yeah, the Austin
Healey 3000 jack won't fit under it when it has a flat rear tire, but
those are/were "factory kit cars" anyway.  (Bob Wanta gets credit for
that observation)
  A small scissors jack is only about 3inches high when compressed, so
you can slide it under the MGB that has a flat tire without calling for
assistance.
  You should be able to find one in an auto parts store easily, or in a
salvage yard.
Bob