Ignition Timing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ignition Timing
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 09:57:14 -0500 (EST)
***********************************
Just received my copy of A-Antics, what a great resource!  While reading
the section on timing, I realized that I have a problem.  The manual
indicates that I have to line up the "notch" on the crank pulley with the
"timing mark".  Here is my problem.  When I had my engine out last fall, I
relaced the timing chain cover with one from a B (better seal).  Can
anyone tell me if the timing marks on the B cover are in the same position
as on the A cover?  If not the same, is there a correction I can apply to
identify the correct A positions on the B cover?
Thanks in advance
Eric
1960 MGA 1600 Roadster

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;