Re: Points problem

To: TATERRY@aol.com, rdwilt@pol.net, MGs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Points problem
From: Wildbil923 <Wildbil923@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 09:55:45 EST
I agree the condensor is the likely culpret.  In the 1960's, when I worked for
Kavanaugh Motors, a British car shop in Sherman Oaks, CA, George Eastham, the
best mechanic in the shop, would not replace a condensor that was working
well.  He would do the points, plugs, and other ignition parts, but not the
condensor.  His reason for this was his experience that new condensors could
not be depended upon.  I haven't personally followed this approach, but it's
interesting that an experienced, top notch mechanic would view new condensors
with skepticism.  BTW, anyone know the whereabouts of George these days?

Bill Wilkman
1960 MGA
1960 AH Sprite
1961 AH BT7