Re: Tune Up parts

To: danray@bluegrass.net
Subject: Re: Tune Up parts
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:10:16 EST
Dan
 You can get plug wires, good ones, at any good performance shop, or
large parts house, though they may not be designated as MGB. It's been my
experience that too many of the replacement wire sets have the minimum
amount of wire, which doesn't leave a lot of slack. (I had one set which
#2 was so short that the timing couldn't be adjusted without the wire
pullin out of the cap.)
 That said, I can't think of any reason not to use Lucas parts. Heck,
they worked so far, right? The price differential is minimal if it
exists. On the other hand, NAPA and a couple of the other national brands
haven't given trouble when I've installed them either.
  So before you grab the phone and dial across the country, make a couple
of local calls to the larger parts houses. This does NOT include the
chains (ie Autozone, Advance Auto, Parts America, etc). The local NAPA
store is a good start, as well as the largest independent jobber in the
area. You may be pleasantly supprised.
 A large independent parts house in my home town actually has an import
section, and they have quite a few "common" items for LBC's, such as
points, condensers, caps, rotor buttons, etc. And they are Lucas. The big
plus is, I get it right now, and don't pay the shipping.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget