RE: Transmission Questions

To: Christopher Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission Questions
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@ecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:22:45 -0700
At 10:43 AM 3/19/98 -0500, Christopher Delling wrote:
>..............  I intend to drain the gearbox and overdrive, and refill
with motor oil.  I have one vote for 20W50, and >one for 30 weight.  What
do you recommend? ..................

Chris as long as it is motor oil I don't think it makes much difference.  I
would recommend that you use whatever you typically put in the engine.  It
makes life simpler.

One caution,  the OD has an internal clutch.  I have heard that the
synthetic oils are too slippery for the clutch to operate properly.  Just
stick to "regular" old motor oil.  How about Castrol 20W50.

Larry Hoy