Re: The Change - Oil, that is. Novices take Heed!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Change - Oil, that is. Novices take Heed!
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:41:21 -0800
Christopher Delling wrote:

> And I thought it was bad when my S.O. added windshield washer fluid this
>winter.  Problem was, she added antifreeze to the washer tank.
What a mess!

        One of the reasons I am careful now about giving advice.  A
while back, a  friend picked up a TR7 against my advice.  He asked a
number of questions, one of which was what type of oil to put in the
gearbox.  I carefully explained that it was imperative to use ATF in the
5 speed transmission.  A couple of weeks later he called me, upset that
his brand new brake master cylinder was not working.  He told me that he
had made sure that the mechanic used the special oil I had told him
about in the system.  You guessed it.....

Kelvin.