Tool of the Devil (E-clips)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tool of the Devil (E-clips)
From: ame@synaptics.com
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 98 09:21:30 Pst
     Hi all,

     I have posted a similar query on the MG BBS on the Web as my email was
     down all weekend.

     I was attempting to change the rear RHS brake cylinder at the weekend.
      The old one came out just fine, but I couldn't get the E-clip on to
     hold the new one in place, so the Marquis is currently undriveable.

     Anyone have any suggestions for getting the clip on without the
     'special tool', I fussed with it for hours yesterday, it can't be that
     hard.

     Any and all help appreciated.

     Andy
     --