Re: Importation of British Cars

To: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Importation of British Cars
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:24:58 -0500 (EST)
        If they were bringing the car in from Canada and it had the DOT
and EPA stickers on it then the customs agent was just giving them a hard
time. I've done it several times. As a matter of fact you can even save on
the import tax if you have paid a tax within I think three months. Bring a
case of beer into the US and pay tax on it,keep your receipt. I'm a bit
fuzzy on this part but there were two taxes and one could be avoided. At a
42% exchange rate cars are pretty cheap there now.
 ...Art