Re: Anti run on mech MGB

To: Rene and Marion van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>,
Subject: Re: Anti run on mech MGB
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:17:59 -0600
Rene,

Running on isn't really due to ignition...I think it's due to compression,
heat, and fuel/air supply.  They keep the engine spinning after the car
shuts off.

On my 76, the anti-run on valve doesn't click until the oil pressure drops
to zero, which sometimes is when I'm out of the car and to the door to my
house.  It doesn't apply the vacuum until the valve clicks.  You can test
it by the procedure in the Haynes manual.

I think over-advanced ignition timing and lean fuel/air mixtures can also
cause running-on.

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman