Re: Charley Robinson on MGF Super Sports

To: "Murray Arundell" <marundel@ozemail.com.au>,
Subject: Re: Charley Robinson on MGF Super Sports
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 07:22:05 -0500
On 3/27/98 5:04 PM so and so  Murray Arundell said. (And I quote)

>When is everybody going to grow p and understand that MGs existed for only
>one reason.  They made money for the guy who owned the company.  In our ca=
se
>in the past it was Lord Nuffield, then later BMC and BL.

<SNIP>

>Murray Arundell
>1945 MG-TC
>1965 MGB-MkI
>1975 MGB GT-V8
>1998 Landrover Discovery SE V8i
>Would have 1998 MGF VVC if only I could drive it with my shoes on!!

I have to agree. The very fact that an MG badged car is available
ANYWHERE is a significant statement to the marketing power of the marque.
I for one would love to drive or own one. Just because it is an MG.
Granted, from what I have been able to ascertain, it is a more refined
car than what we are used to. It is still an MG. Especilly if you define
MG as a small open (sorry GT owners) car with character and FUN (emphasis
on fun) to drive!!
My 2=A2

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Gotta go get the rad hose leak fixed so I can go for a cruise (thought I
had to work today but UPS failed on an overnight delivery YIPEE)

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section