Timing update

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Timing update
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:50:23 -0500 (EST)
***********************************
Trevor and Barney:  Thanks for the response to my timing question.
Started her up and warmed to operating temp.  Turned dizzy anti-clockwise
till she almost stalled, then clockwise until the rpms started to climb.
Adjusted the rpms down again to 1000 rpm, and continued the clockwise
turning until she got a little rough.  Backed off till smooth again and
then dropped the rpm another 150.  The upside is she is running like a
sprinter again.  The downside is I can't get the rpms below 1200 even with
the set screws (both carbs and choke backed off completely) as far back as
they will go.  I havn't installed the K&N's yet, maybe that will slow it
down a bit.  Any comments?

Eric, (at one with the road with my favorite gal at my side.  It just does
not get any better, lottery wins aside).

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;