Re: Radio

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Radio
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:22:47 -0800 (PST) (20:22 UT)
>When I bought my '74 GT the guy kept his expensive radio. So I have no
 radio or tape/CD player. What brand/model do you folks suggest. I'm not
 interested in a high dollar rig. I think the sound of the 'B sounds better
 anyway. Also where is the best place to put the stereo speakers? Are their
 places in the doors? I would hope to receade everything as space in our
< LBC's is at a premium.

 Tintin has his speakers behind the panels under the rear side windows.
6.5 inch speakers fit there very nicely with little tweaking, and it
puts the sound near your ears, where you need it in an MG.  I had to
modify the panels, cutting a circle out of the cardboard, and then using
a template to punch out concentric series of holes for the sound.  You can
use a leather punch with a hammer and a block of wood for that.
I built up the template by using a compass to draw concentric circles
with about a one inch difference in radius, then a protracter to draw
bisecting lines at 90, 45, and 22.5 degrees.  Plot points at the intersections
and use this template with a pen to mark where to punch the holes.
My radio is an old Pioneer KP5500 that I bought in 1978.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*