RE: MGF - is it a real MG?

To: "'Christopher Delling'" <saschris@flash.net>
Subject: RE: MGF - is it a real MG?
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 09:35:51 -0600
Gee Chris, tree leaves. You must be a yung un. I have always used Sears
catalogs when corn cobs aint available.

First off, you keep harping on modern. Modern has nothing to do with it.
I was sitting here reading the manual on my newly arrived ICOM 706 MKII.
That isn't a new kind of car, but the latest in mobile ham equipment.
The real issue is that the car has to  allow the driver to communicate
with it and the road. Granted the ones we have do have a ton of faults,
but they are the only ones affordable and available. BTW, my two MGs
don't leak oil, and the Healey hasn't been around long enough for me to
tackle that problem. Eventually it won't leak either, but I have a whole
list of more important items like brakes to get to first.=20

Find me a modern car that doesn't isolate me from the road and the car's
functions and I may buy one if I can afford it. I don't care if it
doesn't leak or be hot in summer.=20

Jack

The
>rest of the crap is just the fluff needed to give the car mass appeal.  =
Like