RE: MGF - is it a real MG?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGF - is it a real MG?
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 11:37:51 -0600
Paul K said "As long as us Yanks only have pictures to look at, there
will be a certain amount of badmouthing when it comes to the F".

Last January when I came back from a trip in which I made a point of
going to see an F, I said it was not a sports car. No one would rise to
the bait of defining a sports car. My point is that the true sports car
is a simple car without a bunch of junk hanging off of it which the
owner can then shape to his own wishes. The owner can make it into a
race car, or a touring car as they wish.  No power accessories, no fancy
appointments, just a simple car that allows us to communicate with the
road when we drive, not isolate us from it.

I agree with whoever said the MGF might as well have been a Miata.

Jack