Re: Expansion tank for radiator

To: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Subject: Re: Expansion tank for radiator
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 21:27:46 -0500
--WebTV-Mail-1977234963-239

Sounds like a Slurpee cup.  I can see how one of those would work.  The
lid is a unique design.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort
 '89 Ford Probe
 '96 North American Shepherd
 '94 Tigger Cat/Wheel Chock

Car pages and other stuff:

Home Improvement Homepage:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nory

NEW Legal / Law Enforcement Page:
http://members.tripod.com/~nory

--WebTV-Mail-1977234963-239

To: mgs@autox.team.net
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 18:56:15 EST
Sender: owner-mgs@autox.team.net

>I've seen overflow jug kits at the discount autoparts stores around
>here. I plan to put one on my 73B, but the plastic antifreeze jug
>works okay for now.

Miss Molly the Midget has a factory overflow containter, but on the
previous toy ('75 Chevy Monza 388 cid), I used a promotional plastic
drink container from a local fast food place.  I don't recall the
dimensions anymore, but it was a round cylinder with a large plastic tube
for a straw that ran thru the center of the cap; looked kinda like one of
those sports squeeze bottles.  I think it held 32 ounces.  I mounted a
couple of large hose clamps to the inner fender panel and slid the
container into that, and ran a length of hose to the radiator.  Cost me
all of maybe $2.00, and I got to drink the pop!

Rich

--WebTV-Mail-1977234963-239--