Re: Mark I, Now '73 B Alternator

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Mark I, Now '73 B Alternator
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 17:49:29 -0500
This is interesting, and brings up a good point. I just thought it was
normal for me to lose voltage while idling at around 900 rpm on my old
"dynamo". I don't have a stereo, so the only thing noticable is the blinkers
slowing and dim lights. I also assumed it was a generator and not an
alternator, but now that I've looked at the Haynes it seems all neg earth
cars had alternators. Now I'm confused. It's probably the original part,
still holding its own except for these symptoms.
I seek the wisdom of the list...any thoughts on my (more than likely) '73
dynamo? Replace the brushes? I did this once on my VW bug (generator), but
I've learned my toy is a different B-reed altogether!
TIA
Dan
'73 B