Re: Mark I, Now '73 B Alternator

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Mark I, Now '73 B Alternator
From: Jim Carlile <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:10:10 -0700 (PDT)

---"ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com> wrote:

>   Moss had the complete Lucar collection recently. I ordered a bunch
and
> have been replacing old ones as they fail, seemingly because of
corrosion
> between dissimilar metals.  A dab of vaseline or better, NoOx, will
keep
> the Lucars happy for a long time.
> Bob

MG Bob,

Thanks for the tip about the Lucars. I didn't know Moss had them back.
I know they used to supply the ignition switch with the Lucar plug,
but you couldn't get the dash harness end to match. I'll check it out.

Does Moss have the ignition switches themselves back in stock? I know
they had them as part of the whole steering lock assembly at about
$150. I remember when the switches alone were only $15-- and not that
long ago!

Jim
'74 B