Another Newcomer

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another Newcomer
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 02:42:29 +0609
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking long enough now to realise that you are basically a
friendly lot so I guess I will introduce myself and take the plunge.  I
haven't spotted a lot of other Australians on the list but I assume that
there will be a few here somewhere.

I am in Adelaide, South Australia (great country touring close to the
city) and then I go and buy a soft-top right at the start of Winter
here!

Subscribing to this list seemed to be a natural thing to do after I
bought my 1968 (Primrose) MkII MG on impulse (I should have subscribed 6
months BEFORE buying it)!  This means I didn't know what to look for
or what I was buying, so the learning curve begins... NOW!  Let's hope
it is a pleasant experience.

My first question is for some hints as to the "essential" reference
books/manuals I should buy to start maintaining my new toy.  Secondly,
reading about some of the engine/parts replacements and mods that you
guys are undertaking, how religiously need I undertake maintaining the
"originality" of the car - is it all or nothing (sorry if the need to
know this offends anybody :-)?

Thanks in advance,

Eric