Re: Questions for the wise ones.

To: bruset@home.com
Subject: Re: Questions for the wise ones.
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:24:33 EDT
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 07:41:51 -0400 Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com> writes:

>>The correct paint code to repaint the rubber bumpers? can I buy that
>in my local parts shop?
>
>They were never pained, hence, no correct color. I would advise
>against painting them, as they tend to get bumped around a bit (hence
the term
>"bumper"). Try some shoe polish on them, or Mcguires (sp!) Black
>Magic.

You can rub them down as well - just like buffing out paint, use
increasingly finer grades of emery cloth until you get to 600 grit then
polish them with 3M hamd glaze - theyll shine as well as the rest of the
car!!-

>>Is there a source of spray cans of "duplicolor" paint for Damask red?
>or is it too unique a color? (some touch up in the trunk needs to be
>done where the painting missed.)

Did someone else do the painting? - if so - take it back!!! if not then
Moss is your best bet however i have heard of some strange batches of
Damask red which are almost brown - test it before you use it

BTW  - Duplicolor sucks!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT