North /South meet (longish)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: North /South meet (longish)
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:14:25 -0700
Went to the NS meet in Pismo Beach yesterday,3 of us caravaned over 2 Bs
and a TR6 about 185 miles each way.there was about 30~40 cars there
including 2 really nice GTs with V8s in them,a Midget with a Datsun B210
engine in it for sale for $2000.The rally was a lot of fun they gave you
directions and you had to read store signs and such to get clues for a
crossword puzzle It was about 50 miles long and took us through the back
country over nice country roads and out to the beach where they had
tugboats up on blocks cleaning them.My wife wasn't too enthusiastic
about a rally but got caught up in it real quick when she saw there was
no timing involved.Kudos to the Central Valley club for putting on a
good meet unfortunately we couldn't stay for the evening festivities.
While we were standing around talking this Biker looking guy and his
scrawny girl fiend came walking through with a pit bull looking dog that
was carrying a bowling ball!!He said the ball weighed 14 pounds,he would
walk a few yards drop it and pick it up and walk some more I have never
seen anything like this before!!The weather was perfect about 75 degress
and sunny all in all a nice meet though there could have been more cars.
  On the way hoem we saw a blimp parked in New Cayuma about 30 miles E
of Santa Maria no logo just a big white blimp parked in a field!I pulled
the grape vine in 4th at about 65 without a hitch!yippee!Then just east
of Quail Lake on hwy 138 we saw a trailer truck up ahead on the side of
the road with its flashers on and as we got closer there was an elephant
standing there eating the grass!There was a tow truck there so I guess
the guy was giving the elephant a dinner break!!All in all we drove
about 425 miles with out a hitch at 65~70 most of the day!Who says MG s
are unrealible?We had a great day and will do it again!
Pat