B's Birthday!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: B's Birthday!
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 02:42:32 +0610
Guys,

On a (possibly) trivial note raised by the mention of car numbers...

The more modern cars I have show their month (and even day) of
commissioning/manufacture on various compliance plates.  As this is the
thirtieth birthday year of my 'B I was wondering if this same info can
be gleaned from its car number (or any of the other various plates).

I am not contemplating a birthday party but I would like to know how
late/early in the year that my '68 was built.

Car# GHN4U/142133G  Unless I have read it wrong (a previous car # here
did not show a last alpha).

Eric

PS BTW thanks for those stories of restorations... they have gone into
my database for future reference.