73BGT Purchase????

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 73BGT Purchase????
From: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab22a.ssd.loral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:16:00 -0700
Hi all,

Having become addicted with Mg's and although
very happy with my 1978 MGB Roadster, I keep
looking at adds for LBC's and continue to want
another (and another......... )

Anyway I have come across this 1973 MGBGT,
which I am considering.  It has been in a state of
neglect for about 3 years.  It will ultimately need
a new paint job (The previous one was pretty bad
and is flaking fading etc.) there is some rust on sills
and fenders, but not really bad. It starts and runs,
although there is some smoking from the exaust.
The interior is shot and will need carpets door panels,
seat covers etc. Unfortunately no overdrive, tires are
OK and the body is generally very solid and complete,
just a couple of dings, and in need of a side light lens,
chrome strip and some rubber here and there.
Oh yes, oil pressure seems to run just over 50 psi and
idles at 25 when hot, the car does not overheat, but runs
around normal.

I welcome any comments, and what sort of value you
would put on a vehicle like this?

Thanking you in anticipation
                                                  Alan B.'