Re: Announcing... MGA/C LISTS

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, "Skye Poier" <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Announcing... MGA/C LISTS
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:11:16 -0400
The (usually) all knowning Trevor Boicey wrote:

>> Well the yea's have it.  While I agree that the overlap is considerable,
>> there seems to be enough interest and certainly enough traffic to warrant
>> a new list or two.
>
>  History being what it is, this is usually how the death of
>ALL the lists begin.

Damn right.

>  Keep it all together, please. Fragmentation is the beginning
>of the end.

IMHO, it is fine to start a list to cover a separate topic/issue or a new
topic/issue.  However having lists that cover redundant issues and topics is
asinine.

(btw this puts my list subscriptions at 16, 500 unique messages a day...
<sigh>)

--
Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: KMR or rebelgeek)

Good Day,